CO-RAKSHAK IS A FREE SAFETY TRAINING APP FOR ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
Utter App, in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation, today announced the launch of India’s first safety training app for ‘Essential Service Providers’ to protect them against COVID-19 at their workplace and in their daily work routines.
About Co-Rakshak, a Contextualised Safety Training for Essential Service Providers
- Co-Rakshak is a multilingual chat-based app combining text, video and audio content to build user awareness and training for essential service providers about the Coronavirus and seek help from the right authorities in times of distress.
- The app offers best practices and standard safety protocols to be undertaken at their workplace and at home.
- Co-Rakshak offers contextualised safety training for 9 job roles in 5 languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, and Kannada.
- In the second phase, the app will cover over 40 job roles and make it available in 9 Indian languages.
- The content has been created in accordance with guidelines issued by WHO, CDC, FSSAI, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, amongst others.
- One of the biggest and most neglected challenges presented by COVID has been the Information Disconnect between governments, employers, health experts and essential service providers.
- The information disconnect is especially pronounced amongst the economically disadvantaged sections of the society.
- Post-lockdown, essential service providers and blue-collar workers have been forced to come out of their houses to serve the nation and feed their families – leading to a second wave of COVID infections.
- It is critical that these workers are adequately aware and trained for self-care while operating in their workplaces and congested living conditions.
- Unfortunately, most of the information currently available is too generic and tends to focus on the lifestyles of the privileged sections of society.
- This can only be achieved if the information is contextualized to their daily lives and routines and transformed into actionable inputs that are relevant and implementable.
More details can be accessed at our website www.corakshak.in
Announcing the launch of Co-Rakshak Ninad Vengurlekar, CEO, Utter App said, “Utter is an early-stage startup focusing on functional English and currently fundraising for growth. When Coronavirus struck, we realized that information disconnect with regards to safety at the workplace has been an unaddressed area in the pandemic. So, we decided to use the Utter platform to build Co-Rakshak app to train the blue collar and essential services professionals in safety training related to COVID – in the context of their day to day jobs. We are glad Wadhwani Foundation came on board to help us reach millions of users through Co-Rakshak app.”
Ratna Mehta, Executive Vice President, Wadhwani Catalyst Fund at Wadhwani Foundation said, “Wadhwani Foundation is keen to back entrepreneurs who are innovating to help fight the pandemic and improve the overall healthcare ecosystem. Co-Rakshak is a great medium to create health related awareness focused on job roles and train people as they go back to their jobs. We are excited about partnering with Utter and are looking forward to amplifying impact together.”
Co-Rakshak Provides Safety Training to 9 Key Job Roles
- Delivery Personnel, Shopkeepers, Facility Management personnel like security guards, Home Staff like maids, caretakers, cooks, etc., Police, transportation workers like drivers, mechanics, etc., Hospitality personnel like housekeepers, Government personnel and Health professionals like doctors, nurses, etc.
- At the end of the program, there is a short test to assess the understanding of the learners.
Co-Rakshak: A Joint Initiative by Utter App and Wadhwani Foundation
The entire cost of development of the app has been funded by Wadhwani Foundation, while Utter App has donated its professional resources and platform for the cause.
About Utter App
Utter App has been founded by Edtech entrepreneurs Ninad Vengurlekar and Amit Bhadbhade. Utter app combines live video and chat to deliver English fluency programs to young professionals in India. Utter app has over 5M registered users and over 125,000 paid users. Co-Rakshak is an impact initiative of the Utter team to contribute their time and efforts for an Atmanirbhar Bharat. For more information, please visit: www.utter.in
About Wadhwani Foundation
Wadhwani Foundation was founded in 2000 by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, with the primary mission of accelerating job creation in India and other emerging economies through large-scale initiatives in entrepreneurship, small business growth, innovation, and skilling. The Wadhwani Foundation operates in 20 countries, including India, South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines), East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda), Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Namibia), West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana), Egypt, and Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile). The Wadhwani Foundation works in partnership with governments, foundations, corporations, and educational institutes. For more details on Wadhwani Foundation, please visit https://www.wfglobal.org/